BA UCLA, 1991
PhD University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009
Matthew Andrews is an American historian with an interest in the links between sports and American history and culture. He is particularly interested in the ways sports both reflect and affect American politics, race and gender identities, and social reform movements.
Courses Taught (as schedule allows)
For current information about course offerings, click here.
- HIST120--Sport and American History
- HIST127--American History to 1865
- HIST128--American History since 1865
- HIST140--The World since 1945
- HIST362--Baseball and American History
- HIST398--Sports and Civil Rights Research Seminar