- Gender History
- African History
- Former French Empire; Colonialism and Post-colonialism
Some Notable Publications
- "Historicizing Social Justice and the Longue Durée of Forced Marriage in Africa," in Marriage by Force?: Contestation Over Consent and Coercion in Africa, ed. Annie Bunting, et al. (Ohio University Press, 2016)
- States of Marriage: Gender, Justice, and Rights in Colonial Mali (Ohio University Press, 2015)
- Co-editor, Domestic Violence and the Law in Colonial and Postcolonial Africa (Ohio University Press, 2010)
- "'Wives of Circumstance': Slave Emancipation, Vulnerability, and Gender in Late Nineteenth Century Senegal," Slavery and Abolition 29 (1): 49-64
- "Disputing Wife Abuse: Tribunal Narratives of the Corporeal Punishment of Wives in Colonial Sikasso, 1930s," Cahiers d'Etudes Africaines 47 (3-4): 603-622
- HIST 535 - Women and Gender in African History
There are no graduate students studying under this faculty member at this time.
Courses Taught (as schedule allows)
For current information about course offerings, click here.