515 Hamilton Hall
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599
BA UCLA, 1991
PhD University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009
Matthew Andrews is an American historian with an interest in the links between sports and American history and culture. He is particularly interested in the ways sports both reflect and affect American politics, race and gender identities, and social reform movements.
Courses Offered (as schedules allow)
For current course listings, consult the Directory of Classes.
- HIST 120—Sport and American History
- HIST 127—American History to 1865
- HIST 128—American History since 1865
- HIST 140—The World since 1945
- HIST 362—Baseball and American History
- HIST 398—Sports and Civil Rights Research Seminar
Matthew Andrews is also the History Department’s Undergraduate Adviser. The History Department’s Academic Advising Webpage can be found here.